Evaporative cooler which cools and ventilates using outdoor and mixed air, offers flexible warm air recirculation and continuous air filtration.
The CoolStream T performs several tasks in spring, summer, autumn and winter: it cools and ventilates using outdoor and mixed air, offers flexible warm air recirculation and continuous air filtration. The CoolStream T can do everything that an air conditioner suited for large volumes of space in industry and commerce can do – except provide heat on its own.
If it is cooler outside and some additional heat is needed, the fresh outdoor air is mixed with the warm recirculated air within the building.
The targeted supply of warm air then ensures a pleasant temperature. This serves to return the heat to the working area – your heating bill is significantly reduced. Optional outdoor air filters and recirculating air filters ensure complete filtration of the supply air.
The CoolStream T is available in eight sizes. There are four types of axial fans and four types of centrifugal fans. The unit is compactly installed on the roof with an integral roof flange, so that no additional space is needed within the building.
Features and benefits
- Cooling, ventilation, filtering and heat reclaim: the CoolStream T offers everything you could wish for in an air conditioner for large room volumes - except independent heating
- The unit is fully connected: this reduces installation costs and simplifies service. Everything is accessible from the roof
- The insulated panels keep both thermal losses and sound emissions to the outside very low. It is easy to fit a sound baffle internally to the defined duct connector if required
- The housing is made from aluminium and stainless steel, and is extremely durable. The unit can be installed directly onto a roof upstand: in this instance the upstand frame also forms the rain protection edge
- Highest levels of hygiene: water management, drip-free supply air and trouble-free operation ensure complete compliance with VDI 6022 ("Hygiene requirements for ventilation and air-conditioning units")
- Evaporative cooling is four to seven times more efficient than conventional air conditioning
- Fully automatic control for up to 16 devices in one system with Colt Cortiva control or a customized control solution thanks to external control with the Colt Plexus control
With the CoolStream T, the duct connection for recirculation air and supply air is at the bottom.
For applications with low pressure drops, particularly quiet axial fans are available, while centrifugal fans are also suitable for higher filter classes and external pressures. Only premium EC fans are used in CoolStream systems:
- Variable speed, electronically controlled, reverse polarity, protection against blocking and over-temperature, passive PFC, motor current limit, soft-start, under-voltage and phase failure detection, fault analysis and automatic supply, auto changeover if there’s a fan failure.
- Available in eight sizes: 4x centrifugal and 4x axial (from 12000 to over 30000 m³/h)
- Axial: quiet axial fans, suitable for applications with low pressure loss
- Centrifugal: suitable for higher filter classes and higher external pressures
The following fan types are available:
- 12A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 12C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure
- 16C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 16000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure
- 17A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 17000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 22A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 22000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 23C: The unit has three variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 23000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure
- 29C: The unit has four variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 29000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure
- 30A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 30000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
There are M, L or XL size housings which are selected to match the connection variant and fan.
Optional outdoor air filter
- Filter /X: Without outdoor air filter
- Filter /A: ISO 16890 Coarse 70%
- Filter /B: ISO 16890 ePM10 75%
- Filter /C: ISO 16890 ePM1 55%
Recirculation air filter
- Option /X: Without recirculation air filter
- Option /D:
Recirculation filter built into the bottom section. Single stage filter conforms with ISO 16890 ePM1 55%. A pressure guard monitors the amount of dirt and provides a signal to the control system when the filters become dirty
- Option /X: Without additive destratification
- Option /16: With additive destratification with a 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
- Option /26: With additive destratification with two 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
The optional VDI 6022 package includes a sight glass, a filter gauge and LED lighting.
IP rating and protection class
- IP54 rating (to EN 60529)
- Protection class 1 (to EN 61140)
- Colt Cortiva control: fully automatic operation for up to 16 units. Smart control via PC, Laptop or tablet and smartphone.
- Colt Plexus control: With Plexus integrated into the unit and a preferred external control, you get a tailor-made control solution.
- 380-415V / 50 Hz / 3~ + N + PE