Evaporative cooler with heating. Air conditioning unit for all seasons with integrated hot water or natural gas heating.
A CoolStream R provides a complete air conditioning solution over the entire year: cooling, heating, destratification, air filtration and ventilation are all combined within one product. The R stands for Roof: The CoolStream R is a rooftop unit which incorporates both heating and evaporative cooling. The fact that it is installed on the roof saves large amounts of space inside. The CoolStream R is suitable for the air conditioning of larger industrial, semi-industrial and commercial spaces. There are various filter classes and types of heater (hot water or gas) with different power levels to choose from.
In the summer energy-saving EC fans draw in up to 18,000 m³/h warm outdoor air. This air flows through the evaporative cooling unit. The air is cooled down, filtered and brought into the building. At the same time, the indoor air heats up and is removed from the room by a natural exhaust ventilator.
In spring and autumn heat reclaim kicks in: outdoor air is mixed with warmer indoor air. This mixed air is at a pleasant temperature and is filtered before being brought into the building. The total amount of outdoor air needed is reduced to the level which is needed within the building, thereby saving significant energy costs.
In winter the air heater is used. The proportion of outdoor air is reduced to a minimum to necessitate as little heating energy as possible. Again the mixed air is filtered and then drawn by the fans through the heater. The mixed air is heated and pleasantly distributed to the inside of the building, and so the interior is heated up.
Features and benefits
- The CoolStream R is a 'plug and play' unit that has been designed, manufactured and delivered ready for connection by Colt. With the CoolStream R, cooling, heating, heat reclaim, air filtration and ventilation are all combined within one system
- Thanks to its integrated heating system and its ability to provide heat reclaim, the CoolStream R offers a complete solution for year-round indoor air conditioning
- The unit is optionally available with single-stage bag filters which remove dust, dirt and pollen from the supply air. It filters the supply air, thus both the outdoor air and the recirculation air is filtered
- A CoolStream fitted with so-called visual feedback provides a visual representation of the current status of operation using RGB LEDs. These LEDs light up in different colours, depending on the status of operation
- No space is wasted inside the building, as the unit is installed compactly on the roof
- Evaporative cooling is up to seven times more economical than conventional air conditioning, with lower initial costs. In addition evaporative cooling provides 100 % fresh outdoor air and thus also good air quality
- Fully automatic control for up to 16 devices in one system, easy to operate via tablet, smartphone or PC
The air duct connection for circulating air and supply air on the CoolStream R is at the bottom of the unit.
Only premium EC fans are used in CoolStream systems:
- Variable speed, electronically controlled, reverse polarity, protection against blocking and over-temperature, passive PFC, motor current limit, soft-start, under-voltage and phase failure detection, fault analysis and automatic supply, auto changeover if there’s a fan failure
- Available in eight sizes: 4x centrifugal and 4x axial (from 12000 to over 30000 m³/h)
- Axial: quiet axial fans, suitable for applications with low pressure loss
- Centrifugal: suitable for higher filter classes and higher external pressures
The following fan types are available:
- 18C: The unit has two variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 18000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure
- Type /X: The unit is supplied without a heater
- Type /C:
Built-in and operational condensing gas heater with premix burner, own controls and various safety devices. Burner supplied for natural gas for the specific country and pre-installed. Variable modulating controls, when the supply air alters then the performance varies
- Type /G: Please enquire about this option
- Type /W: Air / water heat exchanger factory fitted made from high quality copper pipes with ribbed high performance aluminium fins
- Size /40: The unit has a rated output of 40 kW
- Size /63: The unit has a rated output of 63 kW
- Size /100: The unit has a rated output of 100 kW
Supply air filter
- Filter /X: The unit is supplied without a supply air filter
- Filter /A:
Single stage supply air bag filter class ISO 16890 Coarse 70%. Easily accessible inserted into a frame with a seal. A filter sensor reports if the filter is dirty to the controls
- Filter /B:
Single stage supply air bag filter class ISO 16890 ePM10 70%. Easily accessible inserted into a frame with a seal. A filter sensor reports if the filter is dirty to the controls
- Filter /C:
Single stage supply air bag filter class ISO 16890 ePM1 50%. Easily accessible inserted into a frame with a seal. A filter sensor reports if the filter is dirty to the controls
- Option /X: Without additive destratification
- Option /16: With additive destratification with a 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
- Option /26: With additive destratification with two 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
- Option /X: Without visual feedback
- Option /V: With visual feedback
The optional VDI 6022 package includes a sight glass, a filter display and LED lighting.
IP rating and protection class
- IP54 rating (to EN 60529)
- Protection class 1 (to EN 61140)
Cortiva receiver, fully automatic operation, for connection to a Cortiva central controller.
- 380-415V / 50 Hz / 3~ + N + PE