Evaporative cooler which consists of three modules: an evaporative cooling module, a mixed air module and a fan module.
Consisting of three modules, the CoolStream A offers the greatest possible design flexibility: the evaporative cooling module, the mixed air module and the fan module are supplied individually. Just as with the CoolStream T or R, the fresh outdoor air is mixed with the warm recirculated air within the building. The supply air is mixed with the air directly beneath the ceiling.
CoolStream A is available in eight sizes. There are four types of axial fans and four types of centrifugal fans. The individual modules of a CoolStream A system can be positioned in many places, thereby allowing maximum flexibility. The cooling module is available in all duct connection variants (bottom, side, top).
A CoolStream A can be installed not only on the roof, but also next to the building. It has a compact design of mixed air and fan modules. Some of its downstream components are internal, needing no insulated housing.
Features and benefits
- The configuration of all three modules in one unit means efficient ventilation, cooling and air recirculation. Standardised wiring connections make the necessary third-party wiring a breeze
- The auto-detect function of Cortiva ensures that the unit is ready for use with its modules without the need for lengthy commissioning
- Any excess heat can be reclaimed via the process of destratification. The unit is variably controlled so that no disruptive draughts are produced
- Attractive housing made from aluminium. Fixings made of aluminium, stainless steel, die-cast zinc and nylon
- The CoolStream A is available with an air duct connection on the side, top or bottom
- Highest levels of hygiene: water management, drip-free supply air and trouble-free operation ensure complete compliance with VDI 6022 ("Hygiene requirements for ventilation and air-conditioning units")
In the classic version, the CoolStream A (cooling module) is installed on the roof with a bottom duct connection. The cooled supply air is introduced into the room using the Coltair ventilation system. A side duct connection is typically used is when the unit is installed next to a building. If the unit is placed on the floor, the supply air is first conveyed upwards. In this instance a top duct connection is used.
For applications with low pressure drops, particularly quiet axial fans are available, while centrifugal fans are also suitable for higher filter classes and external pressures. Only premium EC fans are used in CoolStream systems:
- Variable speed, electronically controlled, reverse polarity, protection against blocking and over-temperature, passive PFC, motor current limit, soft-start, under-voltage and phase failure detection, fault analysis and automatic supply, auto changeover if there’s a fan failure
- Available in eight sizes: 4x centrifugal and 4x axial (from 12,000 to over 30,000 m³/h)
- Axial: quiet axial fans, suitable for applications with low pressure loss
- Centrifugal: suitable for higher filter classes and higher external pressures
The following fan types are available:
- 12A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 12C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure
- 16C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 16000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure
- 17A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 17000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 22A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 22000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
- 23C: The unit has three variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 23000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure
- 29C: The unit has four variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 29000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure
- 30A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 30000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure
There are M, L or XL size housings which are selected to match the connection variant and fan.
Optional outdoor air filter
- Filter /X: Without outdoor air filter
- Filter /A: ISO 16980 Coarse 70%
- Filter /B: ISO 16980 ePM10 75%
- Filter /C: ISO 16890 ePM1 55%
- Option /X: Without additive destratification
- Option /16: With additive destratification with a 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
- Option /26: With additive destratification with two 230 V max. 6 A speed controller
The optional VDI 6022 package includes a sight glass, a filter gauge and LED lighting.
IP rating and protection class
- IP54 rating (to EN 60529)
- Protection class 1 (to EN 61140)
- Colt Cortiva control: fully automatic operation for up to 16 units. Smart control via PC, Laptop or tablet and smartphone.
- Colt Plexus control: With Plexus integrated into the unit and a preferred external control, you get a tailor-made control solution.
- 380-415V / 50 Hz / 3~ + N + PE