Innsbruck was the first town in Tyrol to have its own Rathaus (City Hall), with the original being purchased in 1358. There have been various expansions and reconstructions over the years, and finally in the 1990s it was agreed that a major new complex was required. The group developing the site ran a limited architectural competition and this was won by architects Dominique Perrault and Rolf Reichert, who worked with the developers and others to adapt some aspects to enable work to finally start on the site.
The new City Hall Complex incorporates a shopping gallery, hotel, city administration and underground parking. Colt supplied Firelights, Coltlites and MLS ventilators with control panels for natural ventilation and daylighting.
For more information about Colt products follow the links to the Colt UK website.